Vision: “To make Ahafo Region the most preferred choice for investment, work and habitation in Ghana where people are inspired to be the best they can be”
Mission: The Ahafo Regional Coordinating Council exists to secure the overall development of Ahafo Region through effective coordination, harmonization, monitoring and evaluation of policies, programmes and plans of the District Assemblies, Departments and Agencies and Non-Governmental Organisations.
Objective: To coordinate, monitor and evaluate implementation of Government policies and programmes in Ahafo Region and also to provide institutional and human capacity and enabling environment for effective, efficient and sustainable service delivery.
Core Values: Accountability, Client-oriented, Creativity, Diligence, Discipline, Equity, Integrity, Innovativeness, Loyalty, Commitment, Anonymity, Impartiality, Permanence, Timeliness and Transparency
Service Delivery Standards: Participation, Professionalism, Client Focus, Transparency, Efficient and Effective use of Resources and Accountability
(1) A Regional Co-ordinating Council shall
- monitor, co-ordinate and evaluate the performance of the District Assemblies in the region;
- monitor the use of moneys mobilised by the District Assemblies; or allocated and released to the District Assemblies by any agency of central Government; and
- review and co-ordinate public services generally in the region.
The Regional Co-ordinating Council is responsible for the following functions:
- the approval of the by-laws of the District Assemblies in the region subject to their consistency with national legislation,
- the provision of back-stopping support for the performance of any function assigned to the District Assemblies in the region in respect of which a particular District Assembly is deficient in terms of skills and workforce;
- the resolution of any conflicts between a District Assembly in the region and any agency of the central Government, public corporation, statutory body, non-governmental organisation or individual;
- the oversight responsibility for second-cycle educational institutions and regional hospitals in the region on behalf of the Ministries of Education and Health; and
- the performance of any other functions assigned to it by or under an enactment.