The Ahafo Regional Coordinating Council (RCC) has inaugurated a seven-member committee to spearhead the Youth Employment Skills Initiative of Ahafo (YESIA).
The composition of the 7-member committee inaugurated is as follows:
- Regional Economic Planning Officer (REPO)
- Deputy Director of Administration (Mr. Fritz)
- A Representative from the National Youth Authority
- Regional Advisor, GIZ
- Personal Assistant to the Hon. Regional Minister
- Representative from the Regional Education Directorate and
- Procurement Officer, AhRCC.
Speaking at the brief inauguration ceremony, the Ahafo Regional Minister, Hon. George Boakye, tasked the committee and charged them with the responsibility of planning, co-ordination, and implementation of the various activities in the region and supervising the district activities.
He further said the programme is expected to run in all our six (6) districts and is intended to train our youth in various vocations and crafts to enable them to acquire the needed skills to earn decent livelihoods.
Prince Anokye, a member of the committee, also added, “We are very grateful for entrusting this work with us and we promise that we are going to work diligently to ensure that this project will come to fruition.”